;

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It Became The Reason To Live.



In this Post, I would like to share the one and only battle I have won in my life.
I was in 9th standard, I never was a good “English-Man”…

I scored 30 out of 100 in my English paper in the first terminal examinations, I never felt as ashamed as I felt on that particular day, because I am not supposed to be a failure in English, I always went to English medium CBSE school, how could I do that with my English grades… I felt I led down my family, my father used to be an avid reader of law books written in English and owned a large vocabulary, my siblings used to be too good in English, and at that moment I didn’t even use grammar properly.

I went to my English teacher, Mr. AK Mitra, and I told him all my feelings and asked him if he can teach me good enough to redeem my pride, he tried to test my passion by saying if I could be available at 4 in the morning every day, I agreed taking a few seconds to answer, then he insisted on 5 AM seeing my commitment.

I went to him for 7 months, every day at exactly 5 AM, I missed that tuition class never ever, I never know till date that where did I get that sincerity for English that I never preferred to skip my tuitions for the sake of a good sleep, he started it from the very basics, I was amazed to know that every verb, has five of its form, V1 to V5… he taught me Tenses, where to use ‘has been’ and ‘had been’ and the exceptions of English Grammar, I was in love with it, English is a true essence, I realized afterward. 

I became good to smart to brilliant in that subject, and the marks went up to 57 and and then up to 82 in the finals, he had been a real mentor in my life, I started reading novels, I read a lot of ‘em. I knew how to use the correct word at the correct places, it made me make wonders everywhere I go. I was a hero in my own world, where I was my only fan, and yes secretly, I admired myself a lot...

I preferred reading English even when my other subject was going to be tested in the next 12 hours, I loved it, I started to write journal, my personal diary, I never used a penny Hindi in it, because as far as I was going in this passionate romanticized love of English, I was developing a turn-off with Hindi.



I just wanted to be a leader in English, who know nothing about any subject in this world, apart from the love of his life, that’s English. Now I have read fiction, non-fiction, romance, action, crime and every genre that the classical mentors of mine created. I became friends with Erich segal to Mario Puzo, from Grisham to Sheldon, even I read Chetan Bhagat too, I love Jeffrey Archer and Ayn rand and my next target is William Shakespeare’s lot…OMG... lolzz… I started blogging, when I was sure that I would be able to impress my readers. I just want to make a statement out of it, make something, your reason to live, because where there passion lies, “impossible is nothing”.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what is most important for being successful. but after scrutinizing all the options,i finally reach to the point that for achieving success there is only one thing and that is "commitment"..... hats off to you buddy..... the way you kept up the momentum and passion for the subject.... being very close to you, i know that in our batch we were called as mediocre student throughout, but after reading your blogs and article,i simply got mesmerized by way u fight all the odds and reached to status where u can be called as master of the subject....... keep it up bro.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is one thing I disagree is the point you gave about our batch, you know what, our batch was one of the most smartest batch of BNS DAV, of course I don't exist in that league, but I had my outstanding mates with me, We had Ashish modi and jhunjhunwala, Ajay, sonal, you,Nishant Sharma, abhishek pandey, utkarsh and some extra smart girls, and a whole lot of section A'ers.. Academically you all have proved ur points, if you count, 2004 batch has the most IIT-ians, so, I disagree on that... and again, i dont exist in that league...lolzz...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are impressed by you and your commitment...Way to go and you're an inspiration for many of us...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I am shamelessly bragging about my English in this post, I feel so weird reading it now Saru... I have developed a lot as a writer and the tone of this post sounds kiddish, but I will keep it, for it will always inspire me... btw, so this was our first interaction I guess :) Glad to have a friend in you Saru :)

    ReplyDelete

Categories

55 Fiction (1) 9 Sentence Fiction (1) achievements (1) adaptation (1) adsense (1) adventure (3) afridi (1) akhilesh (1) akram (2) almighty (1) ambipur (1) amitabh (1) Amity (1) anshul (1) army (2) ayn rand (1) azharuddin (1) bangla (1) batting (1) battle (1) bhajji (1) blog (21) Blog Love (1) bloggers (1) BMW (1) board (1) book (1) Book Review (1) books (4) bowling (1) bradley cooper (1) carribean (1) catch-22 (1) cbse (1) champ (1) characters (2) charming (1) chetan bhagat (2) childhood (5) cinema (2) Citizen Responsibility (1) classics (1) clicks (1) close to my heart (6) colgate (1) college (8) commitment (1) computers (1) Conclave (1) contest (9) cricket (9) database (1) date (1) dedicated posts (9) delhi (2) departments (1) dravid (1) dream (1) DU (1) eminem (1) emotions (2) engineer (2) engineering (3) england (1) english (1) entertainment (2) erich segal (1) events (3) exams (1) experience (1) facebook (2) family (9) father (1) favorites (1) fiction (12) final (1) finland (1) flash fiction (2) ford (1) franklin (1) free (1) friends (5) fun (1) ganguly (1) General Elections (1) gifts (1) google (3) grammar (1) gum problems (1) harsh (1) hindi (2) history (1) hostel (1) humor (3) hyatt (1) ideas (1) ignorance (1) IIT (1) IK Gujral (1) IMDB (1) imran khan (1) india (7) indiblogger (12) indore (2) Inspiring Stories (1) internet (1) IPL (3) IQ (1) jeffrey archer (1) jobs (1) john grisham (1) journeys (2) juniors (1) kambli (1) kapil dev (1) kenya (1) KKR (1) Life (2) love (2) mail today (1) mario puzo (1) mentor (1) money (1) motivation (14) movie (3) movies (17) mumbai indians (1) mummy (1) NaNoWRimo (1) new york (1) news (5) night (1) nokia (1) novel (2) one of the bests (1) pakistan (3) paulo coelho (1) personal (26) Philosophy (1) point of view (3) politics (4) ponting (1) private college (1) proteas (1) quadir (1) ragging (3) rahul (1) ranji (1) Rape (1) ravi shastri (1) rayudu (1) reading (1) relationship (2) respect (1) review (1) reviews (7) robert de niro (1) roomie (1) sanjay majhrekar (1) school (2) schooling (4) sci-fi (1) sehwag (1) seniors (1) sequels (1) SGSITS (1) shakespeare (1) sidney sheldon (1) sleep (1) soccer (1) social network (3) socializing (1) society (6) sports (1) srilanka (4) SRK (2) starry (1) statistics (1) studies (1) sunil gavaskar (1) superstar (3) technology (4) tendulkar (3) tie (1) TV (1) TV Shows (2) UT (1) volvo (1) waqar (2) Winning (1) Women's Day (1) world cup (5) WriteTribe (7) writing (5) zimbabwe (1)