;

Friday, May 18, 2012

INTERNET IS DEFINITELY FUN


INTERNET IS FUN... Well that’s what Vodafone is trying to convince us these days... I agree totally... but not only that... Internet became revolutions for some poor souls like me...

Let me take you back to the time when I had my first PC at home... It was 2002 I had an HCL desktop, a white one to be precise ... and it was the first time I handled a PC completely on my own... so Internet or not, I found it ecstatic sitting on a computer without zero interference by fellow classmates... a month or two passed and by then I have seen every file in my hard disk ‘naked’... [Files which are unnecessary for a novice, the ones in the “C: //Windows” folder] Now the real question arose in front of me... is this all I can do with this machine which cost my dad a whopping 55000 rupees, yes computers were no cheaper then.

I went to my coaching class and while returning home, my friend told let’s do some fun on yahoo... wow, yahoo sounded fun, I never heard this word before, I mean in context to the world of internet, I watched him do chatting with some friend of his through this so called “Yahoo” . I asked him to ‘get’ me an email id... and this stud made me a rediff mail id... my first id was amrit_21america@rediffmail .com [okay... I know it sounds funny]. I kept it written in my notebook and found nothing important to do with it. Later my elder siblings gave me one legitimate reason to use internet, they kept e-mailing me from Hyderabad, where they were residing and I used to reply them back, I found it quite handful to talk of lengthy issues. So the next few years Internet was only this much to me.


It occurred to me in 2006, when I left for New Delhi to live with my Di and Jiju... I became a part of Orkut and found it real past time; I ruined my studies for this SNS... I found everyone of my school and interacted with them all, and from that on, I found Internet a real need actually. I started using Emails and sent attached files with it, with time kept passing on, I kind of evolved myself as an Internet User, from attaching Pictures with Gmails, I switched to Picasa Photo Sharing, from just listening songs on Windows Media Player, I transformed into a full time iTunes user, Downloading flash games changed into getting full version games sizing in GBs.. movies on DVDs became re-watchable on Youtube and then I found this torrent thing some years back, which made me a Movie Library Owner on my hard disk, thanks to the Indian Downloading Rules and Regulations... Before Internet, Arguments on general knowledge were left unsolved with sticking on the “point of view” conclusion, but dude... Internet made me familiar with Wikipedia, where every argument had an answer, a fact only Wikipedia could provide so fast to make the other fellows go dumb struck. It all started with the God of Internet called Google... I wanted an info, I asked Google and he used to say, “hey dude, why don’t you ask Wiki, He knows it all and He knows it the best.”
I started depending on Internet like anything... and now... as of today, if I am awake, in one way or the other, I am connected to the net...

It sure is fun.... Perhaps the funniest thing on internet...
It rocks... 

Written in context of this Amazing Contest by VODAFONE

7 comments:

  1. Social networking is one thing that made Internet Fun.Well written
    All the best !

    My entry Zoozoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish your post was longer... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very hilarious way of penning. well conceptualized and crafted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written...!!
    May you win the contest...All the best...!!!

    ReplyDelete

Categories

55 Fiction (1) 9 Sentence Fiction (1) achievements (1) adaptation (1) adsense (1) adventure (3) afridi (1) akhilesh (1) akram (2) almighty (1) ambipur (1) amitabh (1) Amity (1) anshul (1) army (2) ayn rand (1) azharuddin (1) bangla (1) batting (1) battle (1) bhajji (1) blog (21) Blog Love (1) bloggers (1) BMW (1) board (1) book (1) Book Review (1) books (4) bowling (1) bradley cooper (1) carribean (1) catch-22 (1) cbse (1) champ (1) characters (2) charming (1) chetan bhagat (2) childhood (5) cinema (2) Citizen Responsibility (1) classics (1) clicks (1) close to my heart (6) colgate (1) college (8) commitment (1) computers (1) Conclave (1) contest (9) cricket (9) database (1) date (1) dedicated posts (9) delhi (2) departments (1) dravid (1) dream (1) DU (1) eminem (1) emotions (2) engineer (2) engineering (3) england (1) english (1) entertainment (2) erich segal (1) events (3) exams (1) experience (1) facebook (2) family (9) father (1) favorites (1) fiction (12) final (1) finland (1) flash fiction (2) ford (1) franklin (1) free (1) friends (5) fun (1) ganguly (1) General Elections (1) gifts (1) google (3) grammar (1) gum problems (1) harsh (1) hindi (2) history (1) hostel (1) humor (3) hyatt (1) ideas (1) ignorance (1) IIT (1) IK Gujral (1) IMDB (1) imran khan (1) india (7) indiblogger (12) indore (2) Inspiring Stories (1) internet (1) IPL (3) IQ (1) jeffrey archer (1) jobs (1) john grisham (1) journeys (2) juniors (1) kambli (1) kapil dev (1) kenya (1) KKR (1) Life (2) love (2) mail today (1) mario puzo (1) mentor (1) money (1) motivation (14) movie (3) movies (17) mumbai indians (1) mummy (1) NaNoWRimo (1) new york (1) news (5) night (1) nokia (1) novel (2) one of the bests (1) pakistan (3) paulo coelho (1) personal (26) Philosophy (1) point of view (3) politics (4) ponting (1) private college (1) proteas (1) quadir (1) ragging (3) rahul (1) ranji (1) Rape (1) ravi shastri (1) rayudu (1) reading (1) relationship (2) respect (1) review (1) reviews (7) robert de niro (1) roomie (1) sanjay majhrekar (1) school (2) schooling (4) sci-fi (1) sehwag (1) seniors (1) sequels (1) SGSITS (1) shakespeare (1) sidney sheldon (1) sleep (1) soccer (1) social network (3) socializing (1) society (6) sports (1) srilanka (4) SRK (2) starry (1) statistics (1) studies (1) sunil gavaskar (1) superstar (3) technology (4) tendulkar (3) tie (1) TV (1) TV Shows (2) UT (1) volvo (1) waqar (2) Winning (1) Women's Day (1) world cup (5) WriteTribe (7) writing (5) zimbabwe (1)