;

Saturday, October 13, 2012

On this day...4 years back... I started college...!!


As I heard somewhere, that “college is the longest vacation”, yes it is, I truly believe in it. As I saw the date on my laptop this morning. It said, 10/13/2012, it took me a minute or two to figure out the significance of the mm/dd part of this date, and then I realized that on 10/13/2008, I started this vacation. College.

SHALEEN and I came together in the route no 3 bus, as we reached the class, we found many empty places, but just for no reason we chose 2nd last seat of the window row, we were followed by MURTUZA and GAUTAM in the seating arrangement. I made all the notes properly, paid proper attention to every single thing that came out of the mouths of my faculties. I kind of promised myself that I will study from now on. I was innocent. I was a kid really. Among others I remember was UT, he wasn’t looking at me when I anticipated he was. Later I found, he can see two things at the same time. Ha-ha. I also remember DINSHAW, She was really enjoying everything. I regarded her as the most laughing creature of my class. And I remember SHAILLY and AMATULLAH, Shaleen and I was interested in knowing the people who has the next roll number to his or mine. MOHIT TONDE was most interesting, he was smart and a good speaker and I liked his persona. Sir ROHIT JOSHI told him to speak about something and he talked it in multi lingual skills that are in English and Hindi. He understood there were people from villages nearby and for whom English is big deal. The funny part is he categorized me in the Hindi part. There was this Big Man, I never forget. He is one of my best friends now…!! ABHISHEK. He was lousy but funny. I don’t remember KHALID, because he was absent that day, although we were already 2 weeks old friend. I don’t really remember ANSHUL. He became my best friend, but for the truth, I never remember things about him on the first day. And how I remember SHRAVAN, he was strange, lazy and was premature ever since he came out of his mother’s womb. And everybody remembered ASTHA, she was a victim of good looks, seniors made her presence more significant than anybody else. I don’t know why, personally, I never thought of her that way, but that’s how things were, that’s not her fault. 4 years later, I remember that day and realize how we matured as a human being; our points of views have changed, academically or personally. Aggressive ones became peaceful, the ones who looked forward for every plan became reserved and uninterested and the uninterested ones became more participating, changes struck us in different way in each and every one of us.

-Amritt Rukhaiyaar




2 comments:

Categories

55 Fiction (1) 9 Sentence Fiction (1) achievements (1) adaptation (1) adsense (1) adventure (3) afridi (1) akhilesh (1) akram (2) almighty (1) ambipur (1) amitabh (1) Amity (1) anshul (1) army (2) ayn rand (1) azharuddin (1) bangla (1) batting (1) battle (1) bhajji (1) blog (21) Blog Love (1) bloggers (1) BMW (1) board (1) book (1) Book Review (1) books (4) bowling (1) bradley cooper (1) carribean (1) catch-22 (1) cbse (1) champ (1) characters (2) charming (1) chetan bhagat (2) childhood (5) cinema (2) Citizen Responsibility (1) classics (1) clicks (1) close to my heart (6) colgate (1) college (8) commitment (1) computers (1) Conclave (1) contest (9) cricket (9) database (1) date (1) dedicated posts (9) delhi (2) departments (1) dravid (1) dream (1) DU (1) eminem (1) emotions (2) engineer (2) engineering (3) england (1) english (1) entertainment (2) erich segal (1) events (3) exams (1) experience (1) facebook (2) family (9) father (1) favorites (1) fiction (12) final (1) finland (1) flash fiction (2) ford (1) franklin (1) free (1) friends (5) fun (1) ganguly (1) General Elections (1) gifts (1) google (3) grammar (1) gum problems (1) harsh (1) hindi (2) history (1) hostel (1) humor (3) hyatt (1) ideas (1) ignorance (1) IIT (1) IK Gujral (1) IMDB (1) imran khan (1) india (7) indiblogger (12) indore (2) Inspiring Stories (1) internet (1) IPL (3) IQ (1) jeffrey archer (1) jobs (1) john grisham (1) journeys (2) juniors (1) kambli (1) kapil dev (1) kenya (1) KKR (1) Life (2) love (2) mail today (1) mario puzo (1) mentor (1) money (1) motivation (14) movie (3) movies (17) mumbai indians (1) mummy (1) NaNoWRimo (1) new york (1) news (5) night (1) nokia (1) novel (2) one of the bests (1) pakistan (3) paulo coelho (1) personal (26) Philosophy (1) point of view (3) politics (4) ponting (1) private college (1) proteas (1) quadir (1) ragging (3) rahul (1) ranji (1) Rape (1) ravi shastri (1) rayudu (1) reading (1) relationship (2) respect (1) review (1) reviews (7) robert de niro (1) roomie (1) sanjay majhrekar (1) school (2) schooling (4) sci-fi (1) sehwag (1) seniors (1) sequels (1) SGSITS (1) shakespeare (1) sidney sheldon (1) sleep (1) soccer (1) social network (3) socializing (1) society (6) sports (1) srilanka (4) SRK (2) starry (1) statistics (1) studies (1) sunil gavaskar (1) superstar (3) technology (4) tendulkar (3) tie (1) TV (1) TV Shows (2) UT (1) volvo (1) waqar (2) Winning (1) Women's Day (1) world cup (5) WriteTribe (7) writing (5) zimbabwe (1)